Conditions of Sale
Please note the information below:
1. The highest bidder to be the Purchaser (but the Auctioneers reserve the right of refusing any bid) and if any dispute arises at the last bid, the Lot to be put up again or the Auctioneers may name the Purchaser.
2. The Auctioneers to fix the rate of bidding.
3. All prospective purchasers to make themselves known to the Auctioneers prior to the sale time, giving their full name, trading title, address and contact telephone numbers.
4. All prospective purchasers not known to the Auctioneers must provide a BANK REFERENCE PRIOR TO PURCHASING. No cash transactions over £7,500 sterling will be accepted. Payment may be made via a BANKERS DRAFT, CHEQUE WITH GUARANTEE CARD/BANK REFERENCE
5. All descriptions, either written or verbal, are for guidance purposes only. The Auctioneers or vendors will not be held responsible for the accuracy of any such description. All lots are sold with all faults and errors of description. Purchasers must satisfy themselves prior to sale of a Lot as to the condition of each Lot and should exercise and rely on their own judgement as to whether the Lot accords with its description.
6. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that all plant machinery or equipment complies with the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 before such items are used at a place of work.
7. The auctioneers will not be responsible for injury, damage, or loss caused or sustained by any person on the auctioneers’ premise or any site where the auction is held unless the same shall be caused by the direct negligence of the auctioneers.
8. The Auctioneer, as agent for the vendor, reserves the right to bid up to the reserve price where set on any lot.
9. At the fall of the hammer the PURCHASER will take full responsibility for the lot. The lot may not be removed from the sale premises before payment is made.
10. No person will be allowed to remove any of the Lots without a pass for the removal of Lots.
11. Failure, on behalf of the purchaser, to pay for any Lot(s) will result in a resale. Any deficit or costs incurred will be the responsibility of the original purchaser.
12. The Auctioneers wish to draw to the attention of the purchaser that VAT at the current standard rate will be charged unless otherwise stated and the buyer’s premium will apply on the total of sales invoices.
13. The vendor and the Auctioneers as the vendor's agent retain all titles in any Lot until all purchase monies have been paid in full. Outstanding monies will be charged at an interest of 4% above Bank Base Lending Rate.
14. In all cases of transfer, the original purchaser shall be responsible for purchase money.
ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE SALE SITE DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.
ALL VEHICLES PARKED AT OR ENTERING THE SALE SITE ARE AT THE OWNERS RISK
All Livestock is sold under the Conditions of Sale set down by the Livestock Auctioneers Association.
A copy of these conditions is available at the auctioneers pay office.