Are You Looking for Investment into an Environmental Project?
The final round of the Natural Environment Investment Readiness Fund is now open for applications. This is a great opportunity for businesses, not-for-profit organisations and public bodies to receive financial assistance to develop an investment readiness proposal.
The fund will offer grants of between £10,000 and £100,000. This is to support the development of environmental projects in England that achieve at least one of the outcomes included in the Government’s 25-year Environment Plan and attract private investment. The application window is short, closing at midday on the 3rd of February 2022.
Funding will cover 100% of eligible costs. These costs include:
• Salaries of internal staff developing an investment readiness proposal
• Specialist consultancy and technical advice to design an investment model that will produce revenue, cost savings, environmental codes or trading platforms
• Securing consents, baseline surveys and research will only be funded if it is clearly demonstrated that the proposal is more likely to attract investment
Natural Capital Assets Prioritised
The fund will support a large range of projects. The natural capital asset types listed below are all eligible for the fund:
• Urban or areas of transition from rural to urban land uses (peri-urban)
• Enclosed farmland
• Mountain, moor and heathland
• Freshwaters and wetlands
• Coastal margins
• Semi-natural grassland
If you would like more information or, please contact our Rural team on 0333 920 2220.